We’re always on the look-out for creative jaw dropping editorials and new photographers to work with.
On the rare occasion you are invited to submit any fashion editorial / photography submissions to be published in Profiles98 Magazine or Profiles98.com (our online fashion magazine) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Profiles98 Magazine the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate create derivitative works from, distribute, preform, play, make available to the public, and / or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed.
To submit your work please send a low res (under 2MB) preview directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Because as we receive hundreds of submissions, we will only respond if interested in your work.
We don’t feature content that has been published (or posted) elsewhere, including model and/or creative team portfolios, blogs, flickr, Facebook.
You warrant that your contribution:
- Is allowed to be used in all our formats including: our online fashion magazine (profiles98.com), digital tablets, limited edition print, marketing material etc.
- Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for purposes specified above
- Has not been printed / published elsewhere
- It is not defamatory
- It does not infringe on any law
- You agree to indemnify Profiles98 Magazine and Profiles98.com against all legal fees, damages, and other expenses that may be incurred by Profiles98 Magazine / Profiles98.com as a result of your breach of the above warranty, and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on Profiles98 Magazine and Profiles98.com and the purposes specified above.
Profiles98 Magazine enforces a strict editing / quality policy and due to the amount of fashion editorials / photography submissions received we are often not able to offer feedback unless the submission is of interest.
How to submit your Fashion Editorial / photography submissions?
For consideration, please send all photography submissions to: email@example.com stating: Fashion Editorial in the subject line with at least 6 images. Please also include a contact name and number of the photographer.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Bahamas.
For more information on any of the above or to discuss your photography submissions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Subject line of your email should indicate which issue you are submitting for – number or name
- Please send your images in 1 email if at all possible
- Please try to attach the files NOT embed them – a zip file is fine. No .rar files please.
Letters to the editor:
Please include your postal address and daytime phone number. Letters may be edited for length and clarity, and may be published in any medium. All letters become the property of Profiles98 Magazine
Permissions and back issues:
Include cover dates, page numbers, names of authors and artists, and any other relevant information.
For Image Specs
IMAGE FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Jpg files only, 700 pixels FOR THE LONGEST EDGE – For a horizontal picture = width, for a vertical picture = height
- Please “save for web” OR aim to make each file under 250kbs.
- Please do NOT incude borders or watermarks. Ask if you have questions about what is acceptable.
Please name the files with your FIRST NAME and LAST INITIAL (given name then surname ititial) and a number. No spaces, dashes or other punctuation characters.
Example for “Susan Smith”: SusanS1.jpg, SusanS2.jpg etc
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR ENTRY:
- Name – not in all capital letters please. First (given) name, then Last (surname) name
- Where you live
- Titles for your photographs in a numbered list (in the text of the email)
- Email address in the text of the email (if you don’t want an email listed on the contributors page if included in the issue, say so and leave blank.)
- Url for more of your work, if you have one, in the text of the email.
Submissions Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or have difficulty sending your images please email.
By submitting photos for publication in Profiles98 Magazine you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting Profiles98 Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format, for publication on the Profiles98 website for as long as the website exists. Please note that back issues of Profiles98 may remain available in the archive for as long as the website exists. If an image is used as a cover to the magazine you are granting Profiles98 Magazine permission to use it for promotion on sites such as facebook.com and to put the Profiles98 logo on it.
None of the photographs may be downloaded, stored, printed, manipulated, distributed, or used in any form without prior written permission from the copyright holder. Works published on this website are protected under domestic and international copyright laws and are not considered to be public domain.
Should you, for any reason, wish your photographs to be removed from the website, we will make every effort to do so. However, please note also that third parties such as educational institutions, search engines or individuals may download, save, store or archive this (or any other) website with or without our knowledge. Profiles98 Magazine will have no control over such downloading and subsequent use and therefore cannot accept responsibility for any such use.
OPTIMIZING IMAGES FOR THE WEB:
The goal of optimizing your image files for the web is to have images that load quickly, look great and are not so large that someone could download and print your photograph.
The easiest way I have found to do this is to set the longest edge of the image at 700 pixels. Then, save as a JPG with quality of around 8 depending on the image (or Save for Web Quality: 70). You want to end up with a file size around 250k.