The grand fashion event, organised by IFEMA, will be held from 13th to 17th September at Feria de Madrid
- – On this occasion the Fashion Show will open its doors to Latin America. Peru will attend the Week as Guest Country, presenting a joint fashion show at which three designers will showcase their creative talent. Furthermore, the Mexican designer, Lorena Saravia, will take part at the SAMSUNG EGO Platform, as part of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Talent initiative.
- – On this occasion, some 44 designers will present their collections on the catwalk, to which we must add 20 emergent designers who will showcase their ideas at the SAMSUNG EGO Showroom within the framework of CIBELESPACIO, featuring direct sale to members of the public.
- – The young designer, Juan Vidal, will join the Madrid catwalk, having taken part at EGO in September 2008, effectively confirming the key support that EGO provides for rising stars of the fashion firmament.
- – The second staging of the Mercedes Benz Fashion Talent Award will choose the best designer from the pool of young participants at SAMSUNG EGO. This Award, which was set up in February of this year, seeks to provide an international boost for the bright young talents that take part at the different Fashion Weeks sponsored by Mercedes-Benz.
- – The sponsoring brands have increased their support for Madrid’s Fashion Week, intensifying their involvement and their commitment to the event. Mercedes-Benz, L’Oréal and INDITEX are the main sponsors, whilst Mahou Cinco Estrellas and Movistar are event sponsors. Furthermore, Madrid catwalk enjoys the support of G’Vine, eBay, Rowenta, Audemars Piguet, 1724 Tonic Water and Gioseppo.
Between 13th and 17th September, Hall 14.1 at Feria de Madrid will once again provide a focal-point for fashion and design in Spain and the best showcase for the latest new trends when MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK MADRID (MBFWM), organised by IFEMA, stages its fifty-eighth event.
This is a key forum for Spanish fashion, one where the industry’s creative talent and latest ideas for Spring/Summer 2014 are destined to play the starring role over a period of five days, based on the presentation of collections from 44 designers and labels on the catwalk. These catwalk shows will be complemented by the creations of 20 young talents within the SAMSUNG EGO Showroom, within the framework of CIBELESPACIO, featuring direct sale to members of the public.
One of the new developments on this occasion consists of the incorporation of Latin America into Madrid’s Fashion Week, as witnessed by two initiatives: first, the attendance of Peru as Guest Country, with three Peruvian designers being offered the opportunity to showcase their creative talent at a joint fashion show; and, second, the participation of the Mexican designer, Lorena Saravia, at the SAMSUNG EGO Platform, as part of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Talent initiative.
Other important new developments on this occasion relate to the Week’s exciting Fashion Show Schedule. First we might mention the incorporation of the young designer, Juan Vidal, who took part at EGO September 2008, and then Carlos Díez will be staging a return to Madrid’s grand fashion event. We might also highlight the growing support and commitment demonstrated by the event’s sponsoring brands.
All in all, the 58th staging of MBFWM will strengthen the value of this grand promotional forum for Spanish fashion. On this occasion, and as part of its drive to enhance its appeal abroad, it will place the emphasis on its special Latin identity. The Madrid catwalk will also highlight its role as the leading gateway for Latin American design in Europe.
Catwalk Shows from Friday to Tuesday
On this occasion, the Fashion Show Schedule will stretch from Friday to Tuesday, based on the same structure and format as in recent years. Thus, the first three days will bring together the catwalk shows of the established designers who form part of the Spanish Fashion Designers Association (ACME). Monday will be set aside for established designers who do not form part of the Association, as well as for the double swimwear fashion show and the joint fashion show for Peru, the Guest Country on this occasion. The last day of the Schedule, Tuesday, will feature five double fashion shows based on the collections of the young designers who make up the EGO Platform, which on this occasion will be supported by the technological partner, SAMSUNG. This event will now be known as SAMSUNG EGO.
On Friday 13th September at 11.00 am, Roberto Torretta will open the Fashion Show Schedule, followed by the designers Ailanto, Ana Locking, Roberto Verino, Duyos, Victorio&Lucchino and Juanjo Oliva.
The AA Collection from Amaya Arzuaga will open the proceedings on Saturday, followed by a series of fashion shows staged by Andrés Sardá, Devota&Lomba, Teresa Helbig, Miguel Palacio and Angel Schlesser.
On Sunday, the Valencian designer, Francis Montesinos, will kick off the third day of the fashion show schedule, followed by Hannibal Laguna, Agatha Ruiz de la Prada and a series of double fashion shows presented by Etxeberria and Rabaneda, Juana Martín and Ion Fiz, and Maya Hansen and María Barros.
A double catwalk show created by Moisés Nieto and Sara Coleman will open the day’s schedule on Monday, followed by a solo fashion show from Sita Murt and double fashion show presentations from Juan Vidal and Martín Lamothe, and Carlos Díez and María Escoté. Monday will also host the staging of a double swimwear fashion show featuring the creations of Dolores Cortés and Montse Bassons for Basmar.