Procter & Gamble Brands Unite to Kick Off Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Thank You Mom Campaign by Launching a Series of 28 Raising an Olympian Films
Raising an Olympian series pays tribute to moms by showcasing the journey of world-class athletes as seen through eyes of their moms
CINCINNATI, USA, 28 OCTOBER, 2013 – Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), a Worldwide Olympic Partner, kicked off the company’s Thank You Momcampaign today with the Raising an Olympian series featuring Olay® athlete Lindsey Vonn (United States), Gillette® athletes Felix Neureuther (Germany) and Sven Kramer (Netherlands) and Pantene® athlete Elena Ilinykh (Russia).
The launch of the Thank You Mom campaign marks 100 days to go until the start of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and is supported by more than fifteen P&G brands around the globe such as Pampers®, Head & Shoulders® and COVERGIRL®.
“P&G brands look at Olympic sponsorship through a special lens,” said Marc Pritchard P&G Global Brand Building Officer. “Our brands don’t just live at the finish line; they’re about the everyday journey athletes take to get to the Games, a journey they started in childhood with their moms. That’s why if a P&G brand sponsors an athlete, we also celebrate the mom who helped get them there.”
The P&G Sochi 2014 campaign will come to life through P&G’s iconic brands and their inspiring campaigns:
· P&G Beauty will inspire women to ‘Look Winter Wonderful’ this season, and the Olay campaign in particular will feature LINDSEY VONN (U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Alpine Skiing)
· Gillette is encouraging men everywhere to ‘Reveal their Inner Steel’featuring ALEXANDER OVECHKIN (Russian Olympian, Ice Hockey), as well as SVEN KRAMER (Dutch Olympic Gold Medalist, Speed Skating)
· Pantene and ELENA ILINYKH (Russian Olympic Hopeful, Figure Skating), are proving that hair can pass the winter torture test to ‘Win Over Winter and Shine!’
· Head & Shoulders is washing out flakes, washing in Inner Confidence with EVGENI MALKIN (Russian Olympian, Ice Hockey)
· Bounty® recognizes that if you’re raising an aspiring athlete, then it helps to be uninhibited by messes with the ‘Let the Spills Begin’campaign featuring JULIE CHU (U.S. Olympic Medalist and National Team Forward, Women’s Ice Hockey)
· Blend-a-Med® and Crest® campaigns, featuring ALENA LEONOVA (Russian Olympic Hopeful, Figure Skating) and EVAN LYSACEK (U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Figure Skating) highlight that when you want to get noticed you need to “Be Prepared for Your Spotlight Moment”.
“I would never be the athlete I am today without my mom,” said Dutch speed skating Gold Medalist Sven Kramer. “So I’m proud to be a Gillette athlete not just because Gillette stands for the highest standard of performance, but because of the way they’ve treated my mom.”
U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Lindsey Vonn also comments, “I am so excited to be part of P&G’s Thank You Mom program and be in the company of some of the greatest athletes in the world, sponsored by P&G and some of the greatest brands in the world. In our training and competitions, we combat all the elements. As a skier, my skin undergoes the most extreme winter conditions. That’s why I trust Olay to keep my skin as healthy as possible.”
Through the Raising an Olympian series P&G is paying homage to moms of athletes from across the globe, bringing to life the daily lessons all moms teach. From their kid’s first steps to their first failures, the series highlights the unconditional love moms give their kids no matter what. Additional athletes featured in the Raising an Olympian series include Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canadian Olympic Gold Medalists, Figure Skating) sponsored by P&G Beauty products like Pantene and Olay, USA’s Julie Chu who is sponsored by Bounty and Ekaterina Bobrova (Russian Ice Dancer) sponsored by Venus®.
“From Pampers to Crest and Ariel, our brands exist to serve moms and their families,” said Pritchard. “So when we look at the determination, commitment and grit that gets an athlete to the Olympic Games, we see the mom who helped teach those things. That’s why our brands are dedicated to not only our athletes, but also supporting their moms.”
As part of P&G’s dedication to bringing the best to moms around the world, the Thank You Mom campaign will come to life through a variety of media channels and in store. Two million retailers throughout the world will feature P&G Olympic Games themed athlete packaging, end caps and displays.
P&G serves approximately 4.8 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Ace®, Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Duracell®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Fusion®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Iams®, Lenor®, Mach3®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Prestobarba®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, Wella®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com
for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.